Wireless Site Surveysfor Businesses
Taking risks in business is often the best way to succeed. Risk defines entrepreneurialism, but not all risks are created equal. In that regard, it's important that you make some careful decisions regarding which risks are worth taking. A great example would be your Wi-Fi network. If your critical business activities depend on the integrity of the performance and coverage of your wireless infrastructure, you need to be sure you've got it covered.
A CORE site survey is a great way to gather critical information in order to avoid any shortcomings and ensure the installation of a system that will work for your needs today and well into the future. Here we'll discuss what's included in a site survey with CORE, the advantages of both pre and post site surveys for wireless installations and how CORE can help your business achieve better results.
BACKGROUND: WHAT IS A WIRELESS SITE SURVEY?
A wireless site survey is the process of planning and designing a wireless network to provide a wireless solution that will deliver the required wireless coverage, data rates, network capacity, roaming capability and Quality of Service (QoS).
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN A CORE WIRELESS SITE SURVEY?
CORE understands that every wireless deployment is unique and has its own specific challenges. For this reason, we offer both pre and post site surveys. Here is a breakdown of both including why they are necessary and what each consists of;
Pre-Site Wireless Site Survey
A Pre-Site Survey will help us determine whether there are any issues with your business that should be avoided before any work can be done on your site. A pre-site survey consists of:
- Measurement of various signal characteristics to determine challenges
- Use of software tools (Ekahau or Air Magnet) to develop detailed templates of the space
- A detailed report as to the findings for specific sites
Post-Site Wireless Site Survey
A Post-Site Survey ensures that the system is operating to its peak performance, and all coverage areas have sufficient Signal Strength as per the design. CORE’s post-site survey is a quality assurance procedure that allows us to completely confirm that your wireless installation was completed up to our quality standards. It’s one thing to install the systems, but we’ll go that extra mile in confirming that the job has been completed to your expectations. A post-site survey consists of:
- A verification of our recommendations and our solution implementation
- An assessment of recommended solutions and results from the predictive analysis
ADVANTAGES OF PERFORMING A WIRELESS INSTALLATION SITE SURVEY FOR YOUR BUSINESS
- Improved security. Business owners need to protect themselves against security threats. A site survey ensures a secure network infrastructure around all different types of users and devices. It also handles the ongoing threats of malware and hackers for compliance and protection.
- Increased collaboration and communication. A site survey allows you to manage communication between employees, clients and visitors within the space via all the different types of devices they use. It creates the best productive working environment for your space.
- Better wireless and mobility. A site survey ensures efficient, easy, hassle-free connectivity with no gaps or dead spots. It also makes it easier to handle the proliferation of tablet PC’s, smart phones, and other hand held devices on the corporate network.
WHAT BUSINESSES COULD BENEFIT FROM A WIRELESS INSTALLATION SITE SURVEY?
Businesses with complex, radio frequency-rich multi-story, multi-building, multi-campus environments such as hospitals, industrial production facilities, retail and office complexes, freight-handling facilities and distribution centers offer particular challenges to the uninterrupted wireless flow of critical data.
HOW CORE CAN HELP YOUR BUSINESS
CORE offers a well-defined, custom-fit wireless installation site survey process that is extremely efficient for any business. If your business relies on communication, mobility and security then why take the chance of a failing Wi-Fi network? The wireless experts at CORE deliver every expectation of a wireless network. We provide the highest level of detail and site engineering skill. You can trust your operation’s integrity to us and save time for deciding on how to take on some good risks.
Contact CORE today to schedule a site survey and see how we can set you up with the ideal wireless network for your business.