Fibre Optic FusionSplicing Services
Core cabling inc offers fusion splicing services for all your fiber optic cabling needs.
Fusion splicing is a method for extending or repairing cables where a fibre optic cable specialist fuses two cables together using an electric arc.
Fusion splicing is the most widely-used method of splicing because it provides the lowest loss and least reflectance, as well as providing the strongest and most reliable connection between two fibre optic cables.
The goal of fusion splicing is to create a connection with minimum insertion loss, and mechanical strength and longevity that matches the fibre itself.
Due to the considerable number of benefit, fusion splices play a crucial role in today's optical cable networks.
The Benefits of Fusion Splicing
- Offers the lowest insertion loss and lowest back reflection
- Creates the highest mechanical strength and the most durability
- Secure connectivity directly to equipment and eliminates loss due to fibre bulkhead
- Cost effective method of fusing fibre optic cables
- Creates a permanent and compact connection
Evaluating the Alternatives to Fusion Splicing
The main alternative to fusion splicing is mechanical splicing. This is where the fibre cables are not permanently joined together but instead are held together precisely enough to allow the light to travel from one cable to the next.
This method of splicing typically results in more insertion loss, depending on the precision of the cable alignment. In addition, though there is a lower start-up cost and simpler materials involved in mechanical splicing, it will come at a higher cost per splice compared to fusion splicing.
Choosing to add an interconnect can introduce up to .75db of loss. Fusion splicing, on the other hand, typically causes a loss of less than 0.02db.
CORE Cabling's Fusion Splicing Services
- Knowledgeable and experienced fibre technicians
- Fast and efficient end to end fibre optic cable services
- Professional and quality workmanship using industry standard components
- Comprehensive testing using Fluke Fibre Optic Testing Equipment
- Support and Service for single mode and multimode fibre applications
Fusion Splicing Applications
- Fibre optic cable repair
- Fibre optic cable installations
- Fibre optic cable extensions
If you are looking for a cabling network solution and require fusion splicing, contact CORE Cabling today at 905-235-7755 for more information or to request a quote on your upcoming fibre project.